What is Extra Life 603?
What will be played?
At the event you'll be able to play a mix of free play and tournaments. Here is a just a small sample:
- Console Free Play (Playstation, Xbox, Switch) - Areas where you and your friends can lounge and play.
- Magic the Gathering - In addition to a formal draft, you can find others to play pick up games against.
- Dungeons and Dragons - There will be three campaigns you can sign up for, including a beginners course!
- Racing Simulator - Tear around the track on a virtual racing simulator and try and set the days best time.
- VR Zone - Come try out the fun world of VR with Beat Saber and more!
- Arcade Games - Check out a section of some vintage arcade games, prizes for high scores.
- Tabletop Library - Grab a board or card game from an awesome library provided by Diversions. Some tables will have looking for players signs, sit down and learn a new game!
- Cornhole - A backyard favorite, look for some cornhole outside (weather pending)
Will there be prizes?
Yes! Over $2500 in prizes will be given out to tournament/game winners, as well as many random giveaways, raffles and more.
Can I come alone?
Yes of course! There will tons of opportunities to join in games with other people. Learn a new board game and make some new friends. Try out some racing or VR, learn about Extra Life, or even enter into some of our solo tournaments.
Will there be food and drink?
There will be a cash bar during the event for non-alcoholic drinks, beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Food may be brought in, or there is Barrio next door which has some great tacos and chips and salsa options. Downtown Portsmouth is just a 5 min walk away with tons more restaurants to choose from.
Absolutely no outside alcohol or drugs may be brought into the event.
I would like to donate, how can I do that?
See the donation links on the home page. This will take you to our official Extra Life team page where you can make a donation. You will be asked to choose a team member to donate to. If you do not know anyone specific, you will see a "person" marked Extra Life 603 (Alex). Please use this for our general team donations. Any cash or check donations will go into this team as well.
I would like to fund raise, how can I do that?
See the "Join the Fundraising Team" button on the home page. Once on the official Extra Life website, you will be able to register by clicking the "Join Our Team" button in green. This will allow you to choose a specific Children's Miracle Network hospital to support. Anyone who donates directly to you will see those proceeds go towards the hospital you chose. Set a goal, earn rewards, and help our team reach our ultimate goal of $10000.
This is a charity event, please use good judgement and be friendly. Nobody likes a sore loser!
We reserve the right to remove anyone from the venue not in compliance with 3S Artspace rules without a refund. Please respect the venue and others around.
The venue is requiring proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test dated within 72 hours of the event.
There will be a cash bar available at 3S Artspace. You may not bring outside alcohol into the venue, and you may not take their alcohol outside the building.
The event will end promptly at 11pm. At 10pm we will give a one hour warning for finishing up any games in progress.
Are there age restrictions?
For the main event at 3S Artspace, children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.